Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Monday, January 7, 2013

A Happy Goodbye

So, we had my going away party two days ago. It was a Saturday night and everyone that I wanted to be there was able to make it, with the exception of just a couple of people. I had friends from various stages of my life meeting each other and my family for the first time. We ate and drank and played Rock Band on the Xbox till late at night. It was everything I was hoping for. It was a happy goodbye and filled with laughter and  good times. It was great to have friends come in from over an hour away just to be here to see me off. And I got to see my nephew who is currently stationed in San Diego with the Navy as well as his wife and adorable daughter whom I had never had the pleasure of meeting. I got to play with babies and have a toast with buddies and the whole night was very satisfying and, looking back on it now, moving. It was a great night. Thank you to everyone who could be there. And a very special thanks to my wife and her friend who made such an amazing array of food for everyone and made it such a wonderful experience as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment