Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Point Of No Return

Tomorrow is Ship Day! I can't really believe it. I don't think it's really sunk in for me and my wife yet. Probably not till we're saying our goodbyes. I'm packed right now and ready to go the hotel for my last few hours as a civilian. I can't describe how I'm feeling, but I know that things are about to change considerably for me. And I'm at peace with that. It will be hard, but I'm ready to be pushed to my very limits and see what I'm capable of. I can't think too much about how things will be like for my family while I'm gone because it breaks my heart to think of them struggling in my absence and me not being able to do anything about it. I have to stay positive and look at the good aspects of this situation and the opportunities it will bring to my family. I have to look forward and stop living in the past. And tomorrow I take the first bold steps into that new life. I can't wait. Gonna log off now and, for the next ten weeks or so, Kat will be posting updates based on the letters I send home. She'll be posting them word for word as I wrote them and will do her best to read my horrific handwriting. Lol. I guess this is goodbye for now...... Farewell blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment