Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What I'll be missing out on...

So, here it is on New Years Day 2013 and me, my wife Kat and daughter Kiddo are all sitting in the living room watching TV. An episode of Shark Tank and a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie, which they kept making fun of me for watching, were the entertainment of the evening. And as the night progressed, I realized that this is what I'll be missing out on while I'm gone. The jokes during commercial breaks, my wife trying to keep her sub-Arctic feet warm between my leg and the couch, dinner with the family and just seeing the kids get older, more mature and even funnier than they already are. I'm gonna miss my son's first season of basketball entirely. And I worry about my wife and if she or the kids should need anything while I'm gone. I know that more than likely they'll be fine, but it still feels crappy to leave them on their own. But in the grand scheme of things, it will be for the best. I will focus on my training and getting through BCT (Basic Combat Training) and AIT (Advanced Individual Training). Time to man up and get this done.

-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment