Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gas Chamber

January 31, 2013- So many things have been happening here. We went to the NBC Chamber (or gas chamber) two days ago. Everyone was so nervous! It actually ended up not being so bad after all. Someone said the drill sergeants were complaining that they don't use as much gas as they used to. Hell, it still made me cry and my nose started running like a Jamaican sprinter. I don't think anyone threw up in our platoon either. Lol. It's so difficult to find time to write because everything seems to have ramped up here in the last week. As we finish our third week, we just had our red phase testing on Monday, I think. It's hard to remember what day it is, most of the time. We had to know our chain of command, all the ranks, and we went to an obstacle course where we first performed our whole regular PT workout and then got to the obstacle course. In between each of the events, we had to do things like, say the Soldier's Creed and disassemble our weapons. Most everyone passed I believe and I feel pretty confident about my results. We will get moved up to white phase as soon as they see that we can be a little more disciplined. Hopefully, the kids can get their shit together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment