Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

No Sleep for the Weary

January 24, 2013- The days are crazy here. So many things to do and not enough time to do them in. I was laughing earlier today thinking about how grateful we are for little things like getting 10 minutes to eat chow instead of six or seven. And not having to take minute and a half long showers any more is pretty awesome. We had our Combat Life Saver test this morning. I got a 95!! Then we learned the basics of land navigation. Tomorrow night, we're doing late night nav in the woods up until the next morning. Tonight we got our assault pack ready and made sure our body armor fit correctly and that our ammo vests (called Flicks) were sized for our personal fits.  And in two weeks we start our rifle marksmanship training. I can't wait! 

Tomorrow is our first official PT test. I'm nervous 'cause I'm still not in good enough shape yet, but I'll do my best to pass. So much to do and not enough time. The crappy thing is the sleep. They interrupt sleep with things like Fire Guard and CQ Duty. CQ is pretty much standing guard outside the Drill Sergeant's office and performing any mundane task they can think of. I just finished and hour of CQ where aside from standing watch, my battle buddy and I were tasked with throwing away boxes and contraband candy. It was long and cold and boring and now I'm going to bed, I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment