Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valentine's Day

Thursday February 14, 2013- Today we took a trip back to the 120th Reception Battalion for our clothing issue for our Army dress uniforms. There was such a feeling of pride wearing it for the first time. I almost teared up a bit thinking how I was wearing the same uniform my father wore in his Army graduation photo. It's times like these that I miss him so much and feel so close to him at the same time somehow. It was also very interesting seeing the place we were before we knew a thing about being soldiers. After receiving our uniforms, I was placed on uniform issue detail because I was part of the first group of soldiers done. It was actually a great time 'cause there was no stress, no standing at attention  and oh yeah, I got to hear music for like a whole hour! Journey never sounded so good. Maybe it's 'cause I didn't stop believin'. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment