Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Monday, February 4, 2013

In It

January 15, 2013- Today was a crazy damn day!! Starting off with my morning PT test (there are 3 throughout the course of BCT and this one was kind of an evaluation of where we're at.) I did terribly 'cause my lazy ass didn't do enough working out prior to shipping out. I know that after the first couple of weeks I'll be doing a lot better though. But until then... it'll be hell! Lol. After the PT test, we changed into ACUs and were issued our camelbacks and our M16s! Hooahhh!! Then after learning how to carry them and march with them, we were told we would have to carry them with us everywhere we went for the next ten weeks! Crap. After that, we had some MREs and went off to the Victory Tower complex for the rest of the day. There were sweet obstacles there like giant rope swings and a 40 ft cargo net to climb down. There was the commando crawl which is a big giant rope you lay down on and crawl across. I got about two thirds of the way across and then lost my balance, flipping around to where I was hanging upside down from the rope by my hands with my legs wrapped around it. It was all leading up to the finale, a 60 foot rappel down Victory Tower in a rope harness. I made it down in only like four or five hops! :) We were entirely exhausted by the time we got back to our gear which had been staged in a field next to Victory Tower. I was in one of the last groups to finish and because I was in a rush to get back in formation and ready to march, I asked a few of my battle buddies to help me put everything back into my pockets on my ACU coat and name patches back onto my uniform (we had been told to take anything loose or in our pockets out for the events at Victory Tower.) The help and teamwork to get me tracking with everyone else was awesome, but unfortunately, one of the privates that helped me dropped my dog tags and I didn't notice I didn't have them until an hour after we had gotten back into the barracks. And at that point, we got to take showers (we got a minute and forty seconds!) After that, I unpacked most of my duffel and laundry bags in my wall locker and got to bed. Long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment