Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Shooting Fails and Personal Time

Saturday February 9, 2013- So, we're here at the range with our first attempts at shooting multiple targets with live ammo. It's been interesting. Almost everyone who shot failed the first time, including myself. Whoever thought to take a mound of dark red clay, place it 300 meters out, and then place a black target in front of it, while having us shoot at tit at the time of day when the sun casts a shadow over the whole target and the surrounding area is a freakin' idiot!! My first time, with 40 rounds, I only hit three! Some people only hit ONE! We shot again, and a lot of people improved but didn't receive the 20 out of 40 that were required. My second time I shot, I got 8. DS Amazon came over and I thought she was gonna yell at our group fro not passing but she said she simply wanted to see some improvement and that we were okay. Whew!

After that, we marched back from the range to the barracks which was about 5 miles. THen we had about an hour of personal time before hydration formation (which I'll just call HyFo for brevity's sake.) There are plenty of ways to use your personal time some of the guys crack me up with how they use it. One soldier who I'll call PVT Seducer (because he's always talking like a player to the females with a little gleam in his eyes) stands in front of the only full-length mirror we have and does curls with the only dumbbell we have. Another guy who always says it's too cold, just puts on like three or more layers of clothes and cocoons himself under his blanket. Another guy is like a one man radio, always singing like 15 or 30 seconds of a given song. I told him it's like Pandora with A.D.D., lol. I think I'll call him PVT Jukebox. He sounds like Jackie Wilson or Otis Redding and is always making us laugh. The funny moments here are what keep us sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment