Contact Info

If you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at thegoodthebadandthearmy@yahoo.com

The original inspiration for this blog was Brandon Mcguire's excellent account of his BCT and AIT experiences at mcguires5.com, which I highly suggest you check out.

Monday, February 11, 2013

No Money, No Mail

Thursday February 7, 2013- So today, it was a different kind of day. We woke up at 0500 and went out for PT, which was a nice dose of muscle failure. They worked us out really hard, which was fine by me. I need to lose as much weight as I possibly can by the next PT test which is scheduled for 16 Feb. I need to pass it! And I will, dammit. I've been doing 25 push ups and 25 sit ups before I eat and at random times throughout the day. I'll just drop and start pushing. I'm not afraid of sweating or doing the work. We'll see how it goes.

It rained heavily today and we got to wear our Gortex jackets for the first time. Those things are really warm but it was still really cold out as we headed down to the troop store, which is like a mini-PX. Unfortunately, because I haven't gotten my first paycheck, I had to borrow ten bucks from on of the other guys to buy some essentials. It seems it's only the Active Duty people that haven't gotten paid, while the Reserve and National Guard guys did. Every time we got to the troop store, we have to get haircuts, which wouldn't matter except that the barbers miss patches of hair pretty much all the time and I feel like I wasted six dollars on a shitty cut. They also seem to cut me like, every time.

After getting back to the company HQ, we ate MREs and they actually let us eat the candy in them and chew the gum that comes with them! I totally got to eat M&Ms! They also let us chew gum, provided that when we stood up to leave the formation, we threw it away. So, PVT Rip (named so because he seems to constantly be ripping farts left and right) walks up to DS Amazon after the MRE formation to ask her something. DS Amazon (nicknamed that because she is kinda tall but crazy muscular and fit too) saw him still chewing gum and flipped out. She said that we lost any candy and gum privileges going forward period. We were all really bummed out. And then I got no mail at mail call. Now that I think about it, the evening pretty much sucked! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment